Tuesday, March 15, 2011

8 weeks post....6K

This last Saturday my brother Justin and I participated in a local shamrock 6K. Notice I say participated not raced? That is due to the fact that I am still extremely out of shape and ran over 4 minutes slower than last year. Last year I finished in a time of 28 minutes flat (7.13 per mile), 1st for my age group and 4th overall for the women. This year I finished in 32.23 (8.25 per mile), 4th for my age group and 8th overall. It just goes to show what having a baby will do to you!!! Luckily my expectations for this race were not that high. I knew I had to take it easy after having Landon especially since I started running long before I was supposed to. I had very little time to train for this race and just did it for fun and to gage my fitness level at the half way point for my 10K next month. My goals and expectations are much higher for that one, so keep your fingers crossed.
One mile to go and no energy left
My brother ran almost the exact same time as last year and placed 2nd for his age group. He has been a great running buddy and I have really enjoyed spending the extra time with him out on the roads!
So proud of him!
Love the back ground
There was a huge crowd of people there to watch Justin and I and it sure helped as we ran by to have so many cheers. We had a fantastic time out there and appreciate everyone that came out and supported us! Happy Running!!!

0 comments: